Autosomal Dominant Polycystic Kidney Disease (ADPKD) is a genetic disorder characterized by the development of numerous cysts in the kidneys. These cysts can lead to kidney failure over time. Here are some things you should know about ADPKD:
- ADPKD affects approximately 1 in 500 people worldwide and is the most common inherited kidney disorder.
- There are two types of ADKPK based on genetic mutation,Type 1 and type 2.
- Symptoms of ADPKD may include abdominal pain, high blood pressure, blood in the urine, and kidney stones.
- It is important for individuals with a family history of ADPKD to undergo genetic testing to determine their risk for developing the disease.
- Managing risk factors such as high blood pressure and avoiding certain medications that can harm the kidneys may slow the progression of the disease.
- Our centre runs specialised clinical for ADPKD where we teach life style tips and specific diet for ADPKD.
If you have been diagnosed with ADPKD, visit our centre for customised treatment plan.